Thursday, October 1, 2009

Shared Documents

My eyes turn back
Search the inner electric synapses of my brain
Find out the plug is short circuiting my hardware
Stinging pulsation of volts shock my memory

Push to remember

I used to worship God
I taught myself how to write out of hate for the pencil grip
I had a multitude of imaginary friends that consistently moved away
I never lost a football game against myself in the backyard
I planted the maple tree at the corner of the fence

The maple tree is still there, but it is not mine
The backyard I used to conquer is now someone else's stadium
The friends have moved away and are in imaginary high school
The handwriting is sloppy and uneven because of the incorrect finger placement
And I find nothing in the word of God

No comments:

Post a Comment