Monday, April 6, 2009

Seriously?

When did tee shirts get so damn expensive? I've been looking into getting a Dolphin distressed logo shirt for the next season (since I will actually be able to wear it the day after a win, unlike Freshman year when I wore my jersey once...tear), and all of the shirts are from $27 to $40. I don't get it.

Why is it something that is recreated to look vintage costs more?
Just like the Pittsburgh shirt (which is $28, but am highly considering), it doesn't make sense.

I narrowed it down between two shirts, and either way I'm screwed.

Photobucket
This one is only in youth sizes, so I would have to get a youth large or extra large, and costs $22.
http://teenormous.com/go?id=Football-Fanatics-Reebok-Miami-Dolphins-Youth-Orange-Distressed-Logo-T-shirt-88165

Photobucket
This one is in regular sizes, so I could just get a small, and is definetely my choice out of the two. Whooping price of $30.
http://teenormous.com/go?id=80stees-Miami-Dolphins-t-shirt-by-Junk-Food-41048


I haven't actually talked about that. Football is the only sport I care to follow. Grew up watching it and was raised playing it. I've been a Dolphin fan since I can remember. Don't know why. I think it has something to do with my dad liking them (as no one else in the family did: Grandpa likes the Steelers, Grandma liked the Browns until they split, then started in with the Dolphins, my Mom was a Bears fan, my Stepmom was an Eagles fan, but now I think she supports the Pats, which sucks, and my entire neighborhood were either Steeler or Brown fans). It also might have to do with Dan Marino (along with Joe Montana, Joe Namath, Johnny Unitas, and Marc Bulger) were all from Western PA like me, and Marino happened to be the QB of the team that I felt most supportive of. That is also how I got started on the number 13 thing.

That is probably one thing I kinda miss. None of my friends really care about it, and it's cool, but I feel like a complete idiot coming to school the next day to brag to no one.

Eh. Oh well.
I need a shirt. My jersey is unfortunately not fitting like it should.

2 comments:

  1. I can help you make that shirt *cough*fit better*cough*. You should have the genetics for make it fit realllllllll nice......if you want to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOO PATRIOTS!


    ahahah and your dads right tom.... ;)

    ReplyDelete