Sunday, February 22, 2009

"I have slept inside your fault

to have you keep me here on this leash"

I always come across songs that I wish I had written lyrics to
Not even that they explain something I have experienced
But something I would love to be able to get across and say to someone else through the poetic process of song
Like Goliath for example

"Give me that corpse please,
The one I tore nightly,
I really want it now"

Chorus
Not very detailed
Very figurative

I think it is small stuff like this that really pushes me from staying formal in my writing
In poetry, I tend to either use free form and not rhyme
Or use a slightly altered pentameter for rhyme schemes
And I really try to push the imagery and figurative thought
Because that is just my way of getting it out there

I'm just not good at doing a chapter by chapter story and slowly allow characters to show development and a problem eventually being solved



I got my new phone
It is great
Same number
I now have texting, so text away
Its unlimited
It is also purple
Gotta smile there


I am currently working on my basic rip off of Crank
I hate to say it that way
But seriously
It is
Book that shows progression like a story through the form of little tid bits of poems

Also, in my off time from that
I am working on a poem that I will probably finish before anything else
Going with my little re-discovery of Goliath, it is dealing with counterparts and how one is who they are based off of the other




This song always makes me think back
I absolutely love it

Another song I wish I wrote

"These bones are mere accessories"
Talk about powerful
And
"Throwing punches at ocean waves"
Not just struggling to get out
Fighting
It's little shit like that
That really makes me think and inspired to write with those tendencies




Tired
Off to write
Will post if I finish tonight
If not
Tomorrow



And I leave a certain someone with these lyrics:
"And as the tides retreat
I see the smile you see today
To own a heart that's half of yours
These bones are mere accessories"

1 comment:

  1. you love that song..and yet i still always have to remind you that "these bones are bare and brittle"..rather then "veryyyy brittle"

    ahah what would you do without me ;)


    well you just wouldnt be able to survive :)

    ReplyDelete