Thursday, February 19, 2009

"If you want to play it like a game,

Well come on, come on, let's play"

It is pretty much over


I've been focusing on the guitar a little more this week
Rather than poetry or my stories
I sat down and learned Kiss Me by Sixpence None the Richer
But I play it as the New Found Glory version


I saw a kid wearing a Purple Parrots shirt in the library the other day
I was very jealous

If you don't know, the Purple Parrots were one of the 6 teams on Legends of the Hidden Temple on Nickelodeon in the 90's
There was a giant talking stone head on the show named Olmec
And he would tell a legend and how it is relevant to the events on the show
And each of the teams would have to compete in events to make it to the last stage
Which was this huge temple with a relic from the legend that Olmec had told
And if you wanted the grand prize
You had to recover the relic without being captured by the guardians

The Purple Parrots never won
Hahaha


I forgot how much I loved the post-hardcore and more edgy almost garage sounding bands
There is something about that nitty gritty tone that pulls me in
Like...raw emotion being pushed through an amp
I hate music you can play casually
Which might explain why I don't like most classic rock

Note:
I said that I don't like most classic rock. It isn't that I do not respect them or hate on them. I couldn't do that. I owe it to them for rock to be where it is now and for it to have progressed into what I play and turn my feelings into. It is just hard for me to write a song, write music to it, and not put energy into it. If I put my heart into the lyrics, and my soul into the music, there is no reason for me to not give everything when I play it.

This weekend should be good
Movie (a-la "date" with Ashley :D)
Ordering and looking at my new phone

HUGE NEWS:
I AM FINALLY GETTING TEXTING BACK!
:D

The phone is great
It is one where the screen slides to reveal a keyboard
And
It is purple and black

Can't beat it


Hopefully some more Left 4 Dead with Andrew
We had a blast (ha ha ha ha oh hee hee haw haw...and I thought my jokes were bad) playing it
It is such a great game
So entertaining
Vivid

Rawr




Mmmmm
Talk about energy


The Mars Volta - Goliath via Noolmusic.com

I think more bands need wizards

1 comment:

  1. As far as hating music that can "...be played casually.." I can assure all of Edgar Allen Woe's web minions that this was one of his absolute, can you please play it, favorite songs back when he thought emo was a Sesame Street character:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdlEMmAFfIM

    ReplyDelete