Thursday, February 26, 2009

"Who are you to

wave your finger?"



Something that really pisses me off is when people talk when it isn't their place
I can understand when they make a mistake of talking about someone
It has been a mistake of mine and others mistake it being about them
That's fine

But when you bring up a topic that I know I have more experience or knowledge in
That pisses me off

Talking about a band I have listened to longer than you and had been particularly influenced by as if I have no clue what they are talking about is just stupid

As much as I will say it
It will go ignored
Words can be written however you intend them to be
But not always will they be understood that way

Key example
Our honors english curriculum
What do you think the author meant when they named the character Monday?
(Answer is he sucks)
People always find it helpful to adapt something to their situation
Even if totally not related

Why do girls love the song "Lips of an Angel" by Hinder?
It is about a guy not being honest about his feelings
But women seem to love that song
(My father will back me up on this)

So, when the song says "Who are you to wave your finger?"
It is clearly talking about the government's death-grip on showing the negative effects of pot
But who is to say that it can't adapt?
Like someone who obviously is trying to play it off as if they aren't involved

Just a bit of thought
For the one challenging me in a battle of art
Back off
Because this is something that I do have a common knowledge of
Even if I don't take part in the activities many bands endorse


Oh
Okay
Speaking of that
I am also fed up with this "I love the Beatles" bullshit
Isn't it a little convenient that this all happened directly after the release of Across the Universe?

I'm not crazy about the Beatles
I love them to death for bringing the outrage they felt about certain customs and the experiences they dealt with and bring them into lyrics
But all the people who are suddenly Beatles fans really piss me off
And not the ones who were aware that the Beatles made a huge impact on the music community with their coming to America to play on the Ed Sullivan Show in '64
The ones who can sing the words to Strawberry Fields Forever and not Give Peace A Chance


Recently I have adapted this radical state of mind
No more allowing people to get away with shit
It is not going to be that way anymore

I'm hoping I get get my hands on some random pieces that I can use all of this for in an art project or something
I have quite a few ideas actually
And I need to put them into action soon



I'm going to be doing a blog about evolution, war, and all the things I beleive in that won't change tomorrow
So
Religion
Social Behavior
Those are the main two

No comments:

Post a Comment